, 2) Data Protection Policy
, and the 3) Intellectual Property Terms
of the ISO Research and Innovation Network
(hereinafter“ISO R&I Network”
) which are outlined below (referred together as the “Terms
- About us:The ISO R&I Network is operated by the Central Secretariat of ISO, the International Organization for Standardization (hereinafter “ISO”), with registered office at Chemin de Blandonnet 8, CP 401, 1214 Vernier, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Purpose:The R&I Network is a forum for ISO Research and Innovation Network members to communicate, share information and make connections with one another. Users of the Network will engage in discussions on topics related to standardization research and innovation, share and discuss research outputs and connect with other Network members (hereinafter the “Purpose”). You may only use the ISO R&I Network in accordance with its Purpose. You agree not to use it for any commercial purposes without first obtaining ISO’s written consent.
- Non-confidentiality: You acknowledge that any content you upload to the ISO R&I Network will be considered as non-confidential. Content will be accessible to any other user of the R&I Network and may be used or shared by ISO/CS (with attribution as appropriate) in other places, provided that the conditions defined under the Copyright Terms are respected.
- Disclosure of identity: If required to do so by law or to respond to any legal claims, ISO may disclose your personal data to the relevant regulatory or legal authority.
- Non-compliance with the rules: ISO reserves the right, without notice or liability, and at its sole discretion to:
- remove any posting you make on the ISO R&I Network for any reason, including where, in our opinion, your post is obscene, offensive and/or infringes third party intellectual property rights.
- restrict or remove a user’s access where it considers that use of the ISO R&I Network interferes with its operations or violates the Terms and/or any other applicable law.
- Accessing the ISO R&I Network:Access to the ISO R&I Network is offered free of charge. The operation of the ISO R&I Network is made available on an “as is” and “reasonable efforts” basis. ISO does not guarantee that the ISO R&I Network, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. ISO may decide, at its sole discretion, to suspend, withdraw, discontinue and/or change all or any part of the ISO R&I Network without notice.
- Limitation of liability:To the full extent permitted by law, ISO excludes all conditions, warranties, representations and/or other terms which may apply to ISO R&I Network or any content on it, whether express or implied (including any warranties with respect to availability, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise). ISO will not be liable to any user or any other person for any loss or damage (including any direct, indirect, incidental, and/or consequential losses), whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the:
- use of, or inability to use, the ISO R&I Network(or any part of it); and/or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the ISO R&I Network;
- whether or not we have been advised of the possibility of such claims and/or losses in advance, and even if such claim or loss is foreseeable.
ISO assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the ISO R&I Network. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. ISO will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.ISO will not be liable to you for any breach of any of the Terms associated with the use of ISO R&I Network.
- Viruses: You must not misuse theISO R&I Networkby knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs, and/or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attack the ISO R&I Networkvia a denial-of-service (DOS) attack or a distributed denial-of service (DDOS) attack.
- Account and password: If you use a login email address and choose a password as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and must not disclose it to any third party.
- Change to the Terms: ISO reserves the right to revise any of the Terms at any time and without notice, other than through posting the updated terms and respective date of update on this page. Any changes made shall have immediate effect upon being posted to this page and, your continuing use of the ISO R&I Networkconstitutes your acceptance of such amended Terms.
- Waiver: If we do not enforce any right conferred to us under the Terms, such non-enforcement shall not constitute a waiver of that right.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction: Any dispute arising in connection with the Terms shall be governed by Swiss law to the exclusion of its choice of law provisions. The exclusive place of jurisdiction shall be Geneva, Switzerland.
- Data Protection Policy:
- By engaging with the ISO R&I Network, you are considered to be “participating in the ISO system” and, as a result, you acknowledge that your personal data may be used, collected, shared, and archived for standardization and related activities. More specifically, by participating in ISO R&I Network activities you agree that your personal data will be processed and/or stored in accordance to the below:
- Interaction with other Users of the Network:You acknowledge that, upon creation of your ISO R&I Network account, your basic contact information (full name, job title, organizational affiliation) will be visible to all users of the Network. However, your e-mail address and/or mobile number will not be automatically visible to other users of the Network. Users of the Networkmay interact with each other by sending private messages via the Network.
- Contact with ISO Members:ISO is a global network of National Standards Bodies (“NSBs”). Our Members are the foremost standards organizations, representing ISO, in their countries. Accordingly, Members are the primary contact and coordination point for standardization activities in their respective countries. By engaging with the ISO R&I Network, you acknowledge that your basic personal data may be shared with the ISO Member in your country. Nevertheless, participation in the ISO R&I Networkshall not imply that you are required to engage in standards development.
- ISO’s Global Directory: upon creation of your ISO R&I Network account, your personal data will be stored in the ISO Global Directory, a directory accessible to the Central Secretariat of ISO,ISO Members and possibly other organizations working with ISO;
- External Service Provider: ISO R&I Network is developed and provided by ToucanTech, a company registered in England and Wales, with its registered office at 15 Warwick Road, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Warwickshire, CV37 6YW, UK and its operational headquarters in London, UK. ToucanTech runs the database associated with the ISO R&I Network and, acts in this respect, as a data processor of your personal data within the meaning of the European Union General Data protection regulation (GDPR) and/or any other applicable data protection laws. Toucantech is bound by contractual arrangement with ISO to keep your data private and secure.
- As a participant in the ISO system, you agree that your personal data will be processed in accordance with the below terms (available at the following links):
- ISO Member Data Protection Policy: sets out the terms on which ISO and its Members process and protect the personal data of anyone participating in the ISO system;
- Declaration on Data Protection for Participants in ISO Activities:sets out the terms on which personal data of anyone participating in the ISO system will be processed by ISO, its Members and, by your or any other participant to such activities.
- Intellectual Property Terms:
- By uploading content to the ISO R&I Network you will be officially considered as the content provider and, as such, you shall ensure that you have the necessary rights to upload the content; this means that either you are the owner of the intellectual property rights (e.g. copyright), or you have obtained the appropriate permission to share such content with the ISO R&I Network.
- Uploading content on the ISO R&I Networkshall not result in a transfer of the ownership of intellectual property right in such content to ISO or any other party.
- You acknowledge that any content you upload:
- will be available for reading and downloading by any other user of the ISO R&I Network and,
- will be shared in other places only if the permission by the owner of the intellectual property right is provided and/or the applicable license conditions are met (e.g.Creative Common Licenses).
- You agree to hold ISO free and harmless from any related liability. ISO will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the ISO R&I Network, including any liability in case of copyright or other intellectual property right infringement.
- It is the responsibility of each user to comply with copyright and/or all applicable license conditions. Before using any content posted on ISO R&INetwork, ISO and/or any other user of the ISO R&INetwork, shall request the permission of the intellectual property rights (e.g.copyright owner) or verify that the applicable license conditions are met. If there is any uncertainty you should always contact the content provider.
- For the purpose of these Copyright Terms, “using” does not include reading and downloading content, if these activities are undertaken in accordance with the Purpose of the ISO R&I Network.
- For the purpose of the ISO R&I Network, these Intellectual Property Terms will prevail on any other copyright policy that may apply to you when participating in other ISO activities (including but not limited to the ISO/IEC Directives and the Copyright Declaration for Participants in ISO Activities).
By signing in to the ISO R&I Network, you confirm your agreement to be bound by the Terms
applicable thereto, which you can access through the following link. Please note that these terms replace the Copyright Declaration for Participants in ISO Activities
which do not apply to the R&I Network.